MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

MySQL Connector - cannot connect to database
Posted by: John Morrison
Date: January 10, 2011 12:54PM

Hi

I have a Synology Diskstation DS207+ server which came with MySQL 5.0.51 community edition pre-installed.

I have created a MySQL database on this server which I want to access from each of two PCs using a front end written in Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0, using the ODBC API. One PC runs Windows XP 32bit and the other, Vista Ultimate 64bit.

Each PC has an identical copy of the front end program and also a copy of the MyODBC Connector, version 5.1.

I have set up an identical Data Source in the ODBC Data Source Administrator of both PCs and both point to 192.168.1.64, the IP address of the Diskstation. The MySQL user in each case is username@%

The XP machine setup works perfectly. The Vista one does not work at all. I have tried every configuration I can think of but I always get the same error message:-

---------------------------
ConnectDB
Error Code Returned is: 0
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
OK

I hope someone can shed some light on this, 'cos I'm stumped.

John

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL Connector - cannot connect to database
January 10, 2011 12:54PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.