MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Connects to DB, but hangs when closing DB connection
Posted by: Brian Perconti
Date: October 28, 2004 10:45AM

I am running mySQL 4.0.20a on Windows XP Pro. Using any of the myODBC connectors 3.51.08, 3.51.09, or 3.51.10 - I get the same weirdness.

When I configure the user DSN I set all the parameters and say OK, no problem - because it does not actually test the connection, but when I configure the DSN and test the connection, I get a successful connection message, but when I click OK, it hangs the ODBC dialog and Data Sources Administrator.

I can access the database completely through the mySQL adminstrator, presumably becasue it isn't using ODBC. But if I access the database using a SQL tool going through ODBC, it makes the connection fine - I can access data, search, query, everything -- until I try and close the connection, and whatever application I am using - hangs -- I have to A/C/D to end the task.

The same database and clients do not have this problem on other similar machines in the office, and I have tried to match all the settings from the successful machines, to no avail.

Please help - I don't want to have to start over again with a fresh windows install! but I am running out of options and suggestions -- very simply the ODBC connection, cannot successfully close the database connection.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Connects to DB, but hangs when closing DB connection
October 28, 2004 10:45AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.