MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

MyODBC not showing in drivers list (Mac OSX)
Posted by: Phil Barbier
Date: October 27, 2005 12:31PM

Hi all,

I'm using MyODBC 3.51.12 that I downloaded today, and installed on a Mac Server (OSX Server 10.4.2)

MyODBC appeared to install fine, but I don't get any ODBC drivers listed in the ODBC Administration area... I noticed others on Windows having the same problem, but the registry key fix won't translate to a Mac - does anybody know how to get this going? I tried to manually add the driver using the /usr/lib/libmyodbc3.dylib file as the library, but this returns an error in the form of:

Driver Manager: 03.52.0001.0928

Enter ODBC connect string (? shows list): dsn=Test
1: SQLDriverConnect = [iODBC][Driver Manager]dlopen(/usr/lib/libmyodbc3.dylib, 6): Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libltdl.3.dylib
Referenced from: /usr/lib/libmyodbc3.dylib
Reason: image not found (0) SQLSTATE=00000
2: SQLDriverConnect = [iODBC][Driver Manager]Specified driver could not be loaded (0) SQLSTATE=IM003

This is using the /usr/bin/iodbctest program to test the DSN I had created.

There isn't much instruction to installing this, as it's just a case of mounting the downloaded image and letting it install - so I'm not sure if or where I have gone wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2005 12:32PM by Phil Barbier.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MyODBC not showing in drivers list (Mac OSX)
October 27, 2005 12:31PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.