MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

ODBC Connector for Mac Lion -- installation problem
Posted by: Jeffrey Dean
Date: July 24, 2013 04:13AM

I'm trying to install the ODBC Connector for Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion). The .dmg installer fails at the last minute with an uninformative error message: "**The installation failed.** The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance." There is also a message bar across the top of the installer window that runs out and does not scroll: "There were errors with the installation. You may want to try i[".

The installer has succeeded in putting libmyodbc5w.so in /usr/local/lib/ and myodbc-installer in /usr/local/bin/. Now, the Read Me file in the .dmg installer says that there should also be a library file libymodbc3S.*, but this has not been installed by the .dmg installer, and it does not exist in the .tar.gz distribution. Is this an error in the documentation, or a missing file?

Furthermore, the instructions in http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/connector-odbc-installation-binary-macosx.html (5.6 Reference Manual :: 22.1.3.3 Installing Connector/ODBC on Mac OS X) are evidently incompletely updated from a previous version. Step 2 reads "Extract the archive: shell> tar xvzf mysql-connector-odbc-5.x.y-osx10.z-x86-(32|64)bit.tar.gz". This is fine: the file I've got is 5.2.5, osx10.7, and 32bit. Step 3 is non-version-specific.

But Step 4 reads "Finally, register the driver with iODBC using the myodbc3i tool you just installed: shell> myodbc3i -a -d -t"MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver;Driver=/usr/local/lib/libmyodbc3.so;Setup=/usr/local/lib/libmyodbc3S.so"
To verify the installed drivers, either use the ODBC Administrator application or the myodbc3i utility: shell> myodbc3i -q -d". This is out of date -- I'm dealing with the 5.2.5 driver, not 3.51, and the filenames are not what I have.

What do I need to do to register the driver? Is there a missing setup file? How should the command *actually* read?

TIA,
Jeff

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.