MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Classic ASP, MySQL or ODBC UTF8 encoding
Posted by: Goran Dolenc
Date: August 16, 2013 03:10AM

I have a website hosted with GoDaddy, including MySLQ database on the back end. The site is a Slovenian site, so special characters are used.

The website is built in classic ASP and I have all the pages created in Notepad++ where utf-8 encoding is used. At the top of every page I also have Session.CodePage=65001, Session.LCID=1060 and Response.Charset="utf-8". MySQL db and all the tables are also utf8 encoded.

If I look at the data directly in db through Workbench interface, everything is ok, including some special Slovenian characters I use, like: č

If I go to my website, the Slovenian characters are also printed just fine, including č

The only problem is, that on the same page, data retrived from MySQL is not coded correctly, so letter č becommes ?

What could be the problem and how to solve it?

First I thought it is the MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver, which I use to connect to db. I have tried adding charset=utf8 to the connection string, but didn't work. I have also tried adding charset=ucs2 to the connection string, which is a tip I found on another website, but it didn't help either. GoDaddy is not supporting MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver, which could be a solution.

I am running out of options, so please help.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Classic ASP, MySQL or ODBC UTF8 encoding
August 16, 2013 03:10AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.