MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Connection to MySQL 5.6 on Windows Server 2012 Standard edition from client PC on LAN through odbc fails
Posted by: Raju Raghavan
Date: March 11, 2014 10:39PM

We have our development server Windows 2012 Server 64bit.

I installed the MySQL installter msi 5.6.16 version.

The installation was smooth. I checked the openport 3306 check box and all standard

From client PC, I am able to ping to the server and viceversa

On the server the MYSQL is able to access through ODBC. it says connection successful when you test for connection.

issue 1:

if I specify localhost, the Connection is established. on the other hand if i use the ip address (server) 192.168.x.x in my odbc, the Mysql connection fails on the Windows Server.

issue 2:

from LAN PC, when i try to connect, it say Terminal 1 cannot connect to MSQL server.

i check the firewall port, its included (3306)
also mysqld.exe program is in the exception list to allow

is there any link to solve this, as we are unable to test mysql on the development server for our project.

We do not know what steps or firewall should be enforced on the Windows 2012 server specific to mysql

Thank you
Raju

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Connection to MySQL 5.6 on Windows Server 2012 Standard edition from client PC on LAN through odbc fails
March 11, 2014 10:39PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.