MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Can't create MySQL Connection Manager for BIDS 2012 project
Posted by: Zeke Leventhal-Arnold
Date: September 24, 2014 09:51AM

I am trying to read data from a MySQL database by creating an SSIS package in BIDS (MS Visual Studio). Here's the environment:

Development Machine is Windows 7 64 bit.
MS Visual Studio 2012
MySQL Version 5.0.80
MySQL ODBC 5.3 ANSI Driver version 5.03.04.00 or MySQL ODBC 5.3 Unicode Driver version 5.03.04.00

I was able to create a System DSN and a User DSN both of which test successfully when I use Test Connection button on ODBC dialog. I believe I created both DSNs from the Administrator Tools Data Sources (ODBC) program. I've seen references about having to use the 32 bit version and I've run c:\windows\syswow64\odbcad32.exe but it just opens the same interface and both DSN appear.

Attempt using ODBC provider:
1. Create a new Connection Manager from BIDS
2. Select ODBC manager type
3. Configure ODBC Connection Manager dialog appears. I click New
4. The Provider drop down says ODBC and is disabled.
5. I select the User DSN (The System DSN doesn't appear) and enter the user name and password and press Test Connection.
6. I get an error that the connection failed ERROR [IM014][Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application.

Attempt using ADO.NET provider:
1. Create a new Connection Manager from BIDS
2. Select ADO.NET manager type
3. Configure ADO.NET Connection Manager dialog appears. I click New
4. I select .Net Providers\ODBC Data Provider.
5. I select the User DSN (The System DSN doesn't appear) and enter the user name and password and press Test Connection.
6. I get an error that the connection failed ERROR [IM014][Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application.

I tried both of the above methods by entering the connection string directly (specifying server, port, database, uid and pwd) but that results in an error stating "The ConnectionString property has not been initialized".

I'm at a loss as to what to try next.

Thanks for your assistance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Can't create MySQL Connection Manager for BIDS 2012 project
September 24, 2014 09:51AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.