MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Connector OBDC Not Saving Data Source, Cannot Connect to MS Access
Posted by: Matt Bowyer
Date: February 26, 2015 12:10PM

Apologies for the complex title name, but I have two problems and I have no idea whether or not they're related!

Running 64bit windows and 32bit access, trying to create a file DSN

Setting up an ODBC connection through Windows 7 with 64bit ODBC connector installed connects successfully to my mySQL database, but comes up with the error that it cannot save the DSN file. What actually happens is that it DOES save the DSN file, but without the password. Manually editing the DSN file with Notepad++ to add the password works, but then using the ODBC configuration will remove it again upon saving. The 32bit version doesn't seem to work at all - I get a message from MS ODBC Administrator saying "General error: Invalid file dsn '[filename]'"

Whichever version I use, MS Access cannot connect - I just get "ODBC--call failed [microsoft][odbc driver manager] data source name not found and no default driver specified (#0)"

To clarify, my MySQL db DOES allow remote access (and tests successfully on ODBC manager), and I've tried mixing and matching 32 and 64bit versions (fully un-installing before installing the other) to no avail.

Any ideas what's going wrong?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Connector OBDC Not Saving Data Source, Cannot Connect to MS Access
February 26, 2015 12:10PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.