MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

primary key detection w/odbc 5.3 ansi
Posted by: brian scott
Date: November 04, 2016 11:31AM

Hello friends -

Working with a data modification tool that uses odbc connections. Trying to talk to a 5.6 database using odbc 5.3 ansi. Reading and first time inserts work great. If I ask the tool to 'update, insert if new', I get primary key violations thrown back up; i.e., it's seems unable to tell that row identifier x exists, and tries a duplicate insert.

Vendor is blaming the ODBC driver implementation, which is consistent with the fact that if I change my target database to sql server, I see acceptable results. That being said, I'm curious if others have seen problems with primary key identification using odbc 5.3. I did see a SO thread regarding the sun jdbc:odbc bridge indicating DatabaseMetada.getPrimaryKeys() was not implemented, but I could not find anything else in Google land to validate that if this was a failing of the standard odbc driver.

Any insight is appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
primary key detection w/odbc 5.3 ansi
November 04, 2016 11:31AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.