MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Re: Perplexed - Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14' error
Posted by: Bogdan Degtyariov
Date: June 26, 2017 02:40AM

Hello Ted,

Your question is off topic for this forum because is not about MySQL ODBC Driver.
I am not well-familiar with the Microsoft SQL Server ODBC Driver you are using:

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near 'S'.

My guess is that at some stage the "SELECT ..." string was truncated to the first 'S' character because of an attempt to interpret UTF-16 or UCS-2 string as ANSI string.

For instance UTF-16 'S' character is two bytes: [0x00][0x53]
The ANSI 'S' is [0x53], but [0x00] was interpreted as the end of the string. Therefore, the SQL Server received only 'S'.

This is only my speculation. Therefore, you should ask your question on a forum specializing in "ODBC SQL Server Driver". As I already mentioned on this forum we can only help you with MySQL ODBC Driver.

Thanks.

--
Best regards,
Bogdan Degtyariov

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Perplexed - Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14' error
June 26, 2017 02:40AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.