MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Test Connection fails for "mysql connector odbc 5.3.8" on Windows Server 2016
Posted by: Ethel Talty
Date: July 03, 2017 10:58PM

Hi,

I am trying to set up a connection to a MySQL database from Windows Server 2016.
After a lot of trial and error I have installed the driver using this ODBC Connector "mysql-connector-odbc-5.3.8-win32" installer. I also installed vcredist2017 (Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x86) 14.10.25017).
I also had to manually add some msvcp*.dll files to the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ folder and added that directory to the Path System Variable.
When I use the 32-bit Data Source Administrator to create a data source, I get the following error when I test the connection:
"Connection Failed Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126: The specified module could not be found (MySQL ODBC 5.3 Unicode Driver, C:\Program Files(x86)\MySQL\Connector ODBC 5.3\myodbc5w.dll).:"

myodbc5w.dll is at the location

As an additional thing to try I added this path "C:\Program Files(x86)\MySQL\Connector ODBC 5.3" to the Path System Variable as well.

If I ignore this error and set up the Data Source Name anyway, the application that is trying to connect to the database is throwing the same error, so the problem is not only in the Test button.

Does anybody have any suggestions for solving this problem?
Has anybody successfully installed the 32 bit drivers on Windows Server 2016?

Ethel

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Test Connection fails for "mysql connector odbc 5.3.8" on Windows Server 2016
July 03, 2017 10:58PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.