MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Mac Question - [ODBC 3.51 Driver] Invalid window handle and others. .
Posted by: Aaron Dewald
Date: January 26, 2006 10:23AM

Hello all,

I am rather new to the game of MySQL/PHP, but I've got enough experience with ASP/MSSQLSERVER to understand how things work.

I have a new Powerbook G4. I installed the latest version of PHP works fine, I can create a page on my localhost and it processes ok. I installed the latest version of MySQL, I can create tables, populate information just fine.

Now, I tried to use the ODBC Admin to create an DSN for MySQL. I installed the MySQL ODBC drivers, and created the System DSN just fine...however when I go to do the iODBCtest to test the DSN (DSN=<dsnname>), it gives me an 'Invalid window handle. . ' message.

I tried to go to my iODBC Administratior application that I just installed. When I try to create a DSN from that, I get a 'Could not load the driver or translator setup library' error. That program refuses to work under any circumstances (i.e. can't delete or edit any data sources I created with the regular ODBC Admin application)

I've removed and installed most of said components, multiple times. I've read tons of message boards and can't quite figure it out. I refuse to believe that it's easier to set up a MSSQLServer and ASP than PHP to a MySQL server... *cries*

Anyway, I would appreciate any help with this matter....If anyone wants to help and needs more information, just let me know...

Thanks in advance,

aaron dewald

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Mac Question - [ODBC 3.51 Driver] Invalid window handle and others. .
January 26, 2006 10:23AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.