MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Re: Random Runtime Error '3197' Assign text to DAO.Recordset ODBC MySQL VARCHAR()
Posted by: Rebeka Fox
Date: March 13, 2018 12:49AM

it was not the locks. today, i set all of the odbc dsn options to off in the odbc connector. i did this while i had commented out the resume next wtapping my recordset.update code. the error went away for every recordset.update that was involved with it. i am completely unable to reproduce the error by setting any combination of options in the odbc connector. i continue to work error free. this bothers me, because i anticipate at some time it will happen again. i assume it was either on connection lost reconnect, or allow multiple statements in the odbc dsn connection options. also iy seems related to strings in general because other recordset.updates had started doing it too, and it only seems to effect recordset.update that contain strings.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.