MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

ODBC error: Lost connection, waiting for communication packet
Posted by: Mike J
Date: November 02, 2019 11:40PM

Hi,

I have been battling error for a few days now and I am not sure what else to look for. Basically, I am trying to set-up a remote connection to MySQL using MS Access and Excel (Mysql for Excel). MySQL is hosted with siteground.com

When adding DNS using ODBC Administrator, I enter all the information and hit TEST. The window freezes for a bit, but I get a message saying that connection is successful (same for Access and Excel).

Once the connection is added:
- In Access, when try to link the table, Access freezes and get the following message: It says Lost connection to MySQL servier at waiting for initial communication packet, system error: 10060 (#2013)

- In Excel, I get the following error:
Exception message:
Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

Exception thrown by:
Utilities.ExecuteNonQuery

Stack trace:
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.TimedStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadFully(Stream stream, Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.LoadPacket()

Here is the thing, connecting remotely to remotemysql.com using Access works without any issues.I am on Win 7 x64, Office 365 x64 and tried both ODBC 8.0 and 5.3 x64 drivers.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
ODBC error: Lost connection, waiting for communication packet
November 02, 2019 11:40PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.