MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Re: Error using SSL in Connector/ODBC. SSL works fine with Workbench.
Posted by: Michael K
Date: March 24, 2020 03:51PM

I just installed Workbench 8.0.19 and now I can no longer connect to MySQL server with Workbench. Previously Workbench 6.3 connected fine.

When I try with Use SSL set to Require, it gives the following error right away - "SSL connection error: error:1416F086:SSL routine:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify failed"
That is the same error I saw in the Connector/ODBC when using SSL and said in my original post.

When I set Use SSL to No, asks for my password and gives the error "Access denied for user 'yyyyyy'@'zzzzzzzzz' (using password: YES)"

I tested with the Connector/ODBC again, no SSL options chosen, and it connects successfully.

I also connected to the server with Remote Desktop, then logged in to MySQL with that same user. But of course I already knew the login was correct.

What is going on here? I really need to be able to connect with Workbench. Thanks for any help.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.