MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Re: 8.0.24 connector odbc breaks previously working queries
Posted by: Amit Chaudhuri
Date: May 24, 2021 07:36AM

Hi Bogdan, thanks for the reply. Having worked through a test case in more detail I can see that a very simple multi-statement is enough to cause the problem. I think that the trigger for that is the forced use of prepared statements unless the NO_SSPS option is set. isql can be used to demo. I think you are telling me that the new driver changes improve efficiency, but it comes at the cost of breaking previously existing code that used multi-statements. Perhaps that code should never have worked! Might help others to have a note or the new behaviour somewhere.

So, can I turn this into a question. Given the new version of the connector and given that our application needs to continue to issue multi-statements, is the best way to do that using the SQLExecDirect method?

Apologies for delay in replying - email notifications didn't reach me - not sure why.

Regards,
Amit

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.