MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Client SSL setup
Posted by: Earl Stoyer
Date: July 22, 2021 11:22AM

Hello,

I have a db link in Oracle 19c on RHEL7 that connects to a 5.7.24 MySQL db using HS and the 5.2.5-8.el7 MySQL ODBC Connector. The connection works, but it doesn't use SSL. Now I want to configure a new DSN that uses SSL. The MySQL admin created a new account with the REQUIRE SSL option enabled.

It looks like I need entries for SSLCA, SSLCERT, and SSLKEY in my odbc.ini file. I looked at 6.3.3.2 Creating SSL Certificates and Keys Using openssl in the MySQL 5.7 Reference Manual, and it shows ca.pem, client-cert.pem, client-key.pem being created on the MySQL server for use on the client side. I asked the MySQL admin about getting the files to use on my server, and I was told I need to generate my own certificates.

I just want to confirm that I need to generate my own certificates using openssl on my server instead of getting them from the MySQL admin before I start looking into how to generate certificates.

Thanks,
Earl Stoyer

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Client SSL setup
July 22, 2021 11:22AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.