MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Re: MYSQL ERRORS ON SPECIFIC COMPUTERS
Posted by: Abba Lustgarten
Date: October 07, 2021 09:30AM

Hi Peter.
Thanks for your comments, which are sensible.
My odbc connector process is not connecting as root, of course.
However I did connect as root to try to turn on the logging function.

As far as adodb being more efficient, I liked the way it seemed to nicely handle things (e.g. assignment of strings with embedded quotes, etc). I hoped that perhaps it interacted with the database in a more direct way than constructing query strings and sending them, and hence would be more efficient. I guess in reality, a mysql server does everything through text queries?

In many cases, I am doing exactly what you describe in the systematic creation of queries. The most sensible thing is probably to rewrite the other parts without relying on the adodb recordset object to build them.

I still think it would be good to track down what was going on using the Log but so far I haven't got that working. I am connecting to a google cloud server, and their documentation says they do not grant any users the SUPER privileges. I think they have an alternative logging mechanism, but so far haven't figured it out.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Abba

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: MYSQL ERRORS ON SPECIFIC COMPUTERS
October 07, 2021 09:30AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.