MySQL and VB 2008
Posted by: Paul Hooverson
Date: June 30, 2009 01:04PM

I have MySQL installed on my local machine, and I am able to use VB 2008 to insert, update, and delete records into my "clients" MySQL database. It appears as though my "clients" data is located in my "C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\data" directory. However, there appear to be several files related to my "clients" database, not just a single *.mdb-type file.

I want to add the MySQL "clients" database to my VB 2008 ASP.Net website, probably in the "App_Data" directory. I copy the "ibdata1" file from "C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\data" into the App_Data directory, but any changes I make to the data from my website seem to affect the original "C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\data\ibdata1" files, not the copy that is placed in the App_Data directory.

How do I get my ASP.Net 3.5 VB 2008 website to use the App_Data directory? Eventually my website will be hosted on another server which has MySQL installed.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL and VB 2008
June 30, 2009 01:04PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.