Re: Connection is closed, but not disposed or released
Posted by: Karel Boek
Date: January 25, 2005 03:58AM

I didn't do too much of a stresstest yet; tried requesting a few hundred pages in relatively short time and that went well. But the number of daily visitors we have on that website outperform my stresstest by far, so I'd have to find an app or so that can do really good stresstesting (would be glad to hear how others perform stresstests)

I don't call any .Dispose() but found out that there's one class in my code that uses a separate Connection String which I didn't adjust (stupid, I should've built this into the web.config or something like that, will do that as soon as I solved this problem)

Finally, in another forum, someone told me that DataAdapters are meant to keep the connection open and I'd rather use DataReaders for such functions; see http://forums.aspfree.com/showthread.php?t=46151

Does That Make Sense?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.