Reading from the stream has failed
Posted by: Med
Date: January 13, 2007 06:08PM

Hi,

I run MySQL 5.0.24a-community-nt and .Net connector version 5.0.3.0, using Visual Web Developer (asp.net 2), on Win XP Pro. My Connection String is: "server=127.0.0.1;uid=myid;pwd=mypassword;database=TestDB;Protocol=TCP;Compress=false;Pooling=true;Min Pool Size=5;Max Pool Size=20;Connection Lifetime=0;"

I have written a test app to test the pooling, however under the following two conditions I get "Reading from the stream has failed." exception.

1. I have written a loop to open connection (say 99 times, I know it is a bad practice but this is for testing purpose only), call a stored procedure each time, get a value, then using cn.Close(); and cn.Dispose(); every time. Then Using MySQL Administrator>Server Connection GUI, I manually "Kill those 5 connection (Min Pool Size=5) using "Kill thread". At this point if I restart my test application I get the "Reading from the stream has failed." error

2. If my pc goes to standby for say 10 hours, then after trying my test app, again I get the error for the first run only. Could this happen on real live server environment? I know that servers don't go to standby, but what happens if the pooling time expires could this error occure?

Thanks for your time,

Kind Regards

Med

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Reading from the stream has failed
January 13, 2007 06:08PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.