Re: Reading from the stream has failed
Posted by: Rick Hawkey
Date: January 05, 2008 09:57AM

Using Vista Home Premium, Visual Studio 2005, MySQL Community-nt via TCP/IP, Connector/Net 5.1.

** This is regarding a first time connection to a newly installed server and newly created empty database with only one table and two fields which are populated **

I have encountered the same error while trying to connect to a database from visual studio, when I hit test connection an error comes back "Reading from the stream has failed".

I am attempting to make a connection to a MySQL database from visual studio using the Server Explorer/Connect To Database option. I have verified that all the information is correct under the advanced settings at least to my newbie knowledge. I am able to create a database in MySQL admin and add tables and users so I know the DB is working and exists.

I have spent hours looking up this information but answers are seemingly hard to come by, any suggestions are welcome thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
January 13, 2007 06:08PM
Re: Reading from the stream has failed
January 05, 2008 09:57AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.