Cannot Add Connection in VS2010 (Window Closes)
Posted by: Richard Cohen
Date: December 10, 2012 02:06PM

I've found reports of this bug in many versions of the Connector NET and VS, with no working solutions anywhere. I just installed 6.6.4. I did a complete install and there were no errors. When I go to add a new connection in VS2010, I do Choose Data Source -> MySQL Database and I get to the Add Connection window. If I start to type anything into the window, the window closes immediately without an error. If I press the spacebar in this window, I get "Error: Object reference not set to instance of an object." If I just hit the ok button without typing anything I get "Unable to find the requested .NET Framework Data Provider. It May not be installed."

I verified that all of the mysql DLLs are in Window\Assembly. I've tried uninstalling/installing Connector NET. I've tried uninstalling/installing VS2010. I've tried clearing the AppData\Roaming\VisualStudio folder as others have recommended. I've tried clearing the eventviewer log as others have recommended.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Cannot Add Connection in VS2010 (Window Closes)
December 10, 2012 02:06PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.