Re: Tools for Visual Studio 1,1 Alpha
Posted by: Ronald Forner
Date: February 01, 2007 12:13AM

Husham.
Thanks, I appreciate your response to my post.

I am trying to incorporate Rapid Application Development as much as possible for the projects I develop for my small and financially limited clients to keep my prices down. I have no problem with MSSQL and I have downloaded a trial version of MySQLDirect. If I use either the MSSQL connection or a MySQLDirect connection I can create my datasets and edit them in the dataset designer. Then, when I drag the table from the dataset onto a form in design mode, it automatically adds the dataset, bindingsource, tableadapter, and bindingnavigator to the form for me. The save button on the binding navigator is enabled and I can put my try-catch block in the BindingNavigatorSaveItem_Click routine.

However, the problem lies in the following line from your example:

int numRows = productsTableAdapter.Update(changes);

Because, when you add a dataset to a form using the MySQL Tools for Visual Studio plugin, it adds the dataset, bindingsource, tableadapter, and bindingnavigator to the form as above, but the tableadapter does not contain a .Update method that I can call. So unless I have to write my own .Update method, I can't see any way to save the data from the dataset back to the database.

Any help would be appreciated. I am a newbe to MySQL and would like to use it for my projects. I would like to use the MySQL Tools for Visual Studio plugin as well but I may have to buy the MySQLDirect solution if I can't get the plugin working.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
January 26, 2007 07:44PM
Re: Tools for Visual Studio 1,1 Alpha
February 01, 2007 12:13AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.