MySql.Data not appearing as an assembly reference
Posted by: Simon Rigby
Date: February 01, 2005 05:11PM

Hiya folks,

My first post to this forum as I have at last finally downloaded this MySql thingy. I'm a SQL Server person myself as I have recently left the gainful employ of a Microsoft house for the challenges of contracting.

Anyway enough of that ... on to my problem.

I have installed 4.1.9 nt and the MySql Administrator. Very, very impressed. Have had a little play around with users, schemas, tables etc, and all is working swimmingly.

I downloaded MySql . NET connector (Gamma 1.0.4). I ran the installer and confirmed I wanted it to register with the GAC. I can see the assembly in the GAC and the properties confirm it to be the correct version.

If I try to add a reference to it in any .NET project, it doesn't appear in the .NET tab. If I browse to the assembly folder directly, I can see it but it wont respond to a double click.

I've searched through the forum but can't find the issue listed, although I did try the two options below to see if that helped.

I have tried installing it freshly, from an extracted copy of the msi, instead of from the zip; still the same. I have run the installer and instructed a repair; no change.

Any ideas folks.

Cheers

Simon Rigby

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.