Connecting to a remote mySQL DB
Posted by: russianspy
Date: February 10, 2007 08:26PM

im trying to connect to a DB on my website. im using .NET dll from MySQL website (they have version 1.0.9 and 5.0.3, i've tried both with the same result). i've added %.my_inet_provider.net to Access Hosts in CPanel, but when i run the code i get following:

Exception: Access denied for user 'my_username'@'%.my_inet_provider.net' to database 'my_database'

my user, pass, and DB are 100% correct. the IP was given to me by my Hosting provider, i explained to them what i need it for.

What am i missing? i would greatly appreciate any help, i don't know anything about MySQL, yet.

this is the code im using:

MySqlConnection	conn;
conn = new MySqlConnection("server=xx.xx.xx.xx;uid=my_user;pwd=my_password;database=my_db");
try
{
	conn.Open();
	Console.WriteLine("Connection OK!\n");
	conn.Close();
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
	Console.WriteLine("Exception: " + ex.Message + "\n");
}

before that I downloaded the Connector without installer from this site, unzipped, and copied the two .DLL and one .XML files into my project folder and added the refference. it build fine, so i guess it means its ok the way i did it?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Connecting to a remote mySQL DB
February 10, 2007 08:26PM
February 13, 2007 10:23AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.