Connection String anomaly
Posted by: Matha Goram
Date: March 24, 2017 10:35AM

As a newcomer, I dutifully scanned earlier posts but could not find direct suggestion/recommendation for my anomaly. The connection from a client app (in Windows 10 using the current MySQL Connector/.NET assembly) fails to find the server on a Debian box. However, the MySQL client on the Windows 10 box can logon to the server via command line.

Bind-address has been set to 0.0.0.0 and the "ping" command works from the Windows client to the Debian server.

The "new MySqlConnection" method raises exception error code 1402 ER_BAD_HOST_ERROR when the following connection string is used:
server=192.168.1.2;database=HA;user=xxxx;password=xxxx;port=3306

The exception error code 0 is raised when the following connection string is used:
server=myserver;database=HA;user=xxxx;password=xxxx;port=3306

The command line access works with -h 192.168.1.2
but not with -h myserver.

What other logging or debug steps can I take to resolve this anomaly? Debian client to Debian server (presumably owing to non-TCP connectivity) work fine with C and Python client apps.

Thanks for any guidance/suggestion.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Connection String anomaly
March 24, 2017 10:35AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.