Connection string cannot be blank
Posted by: Daniel Knapp
Date: May 02, 2007 02:20PM

Hello all,

I have been waiting so very long for MySQL connector to support asp.net memebrship and now its finally here ! Yay! So now I have downloaded the new 5.1.0 connector and ALL of my projects are giving me a error. If I uninstall the connector all my projects work.

From a new blank website in Visual Studio 2005 pro I run the Asp.Net Web Site Administration Tool and I get the following error:

There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store.

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Connection string cannot be blank. (C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config line 146)

The line on 146 is:

<add name="MySqlMembershipProvider" type="MySql.Web.Security.MySqlMembershipProvider, MySql.Web, Version=5.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d" connectionStringName="LocalMySqlServer" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true" applicationName="/" requiresUniqueEmail="false" passwordFormat="Clear" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" minRequiredPasswordLength="7" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="1" passwordAttemptWindow="10" passwordStrengthRegularExpression="" />

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Daniel T. Knapp

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Connection string cannot be blank
May 02, 2007 02:20PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.