Your Project References the latest version of entity framework error
Posted by: Lee Fear
Date: September 09, 2018 10:43AM

I have a Visual Studio 2017 project that using Entity Framework 6.2

When trying to create the edmx file I get the error

"Your project references the latest version of Entity Framework; however, an Entity Framework database provider compatible with this version could not be found for you data connection"

I get this a lot but it is normally fixed by using he dlls from the connector installation folder. However this is not working anymore...

I am using MySql Community Server 8.0.12 and the same version of the connector dlls.

My App.config is as follows

<configuration>
<configSections>
<!-- For more information on Entity Framework configuration, visit http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=237468 -->
<section name="entityFramework" type="System.Data.Entity.Internal.ConfigFile.EntityFrameworkSection, EntityFramework, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" requirePermission="false" />
</configSections>
<entityFramework>
<defaultConnectionFactory type="MySql.Data.Entity.MySqlConnectionFactory, MySql.Data.Entity.EF6" />
<providers>
<provider invariantName="MySql.Data.MySqlClient" type="MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlProviderServices, MySql.Data.Entity.EF6" />
<provider invariantName="System.Data.SqlClient" type="System.Data.Entity.SqlServer.SqlProviderServices, EntityFramework.SqlServer" />
</providers>
</entityFramework>
<runtime>
<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity name="MySql.Data" publicKeyToken="c5687fc88969c44d" culture="neutral" />
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-8.0.12.0" newVersion="8.0.12.0" />
</dependentAssembly>
<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity name="EntityFramework" publicKeyToken="b77a5c561934e089" culture="neutral" />
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-6.0.0.0" newVersion="6.0.0.0" />
</dependentAssembly>
</assemblyBinding>
</runtime>
</configuration>

how on earth do I fix this issue?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Your Project References the latest version of entity framework error
September 09, 2018 10:43AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.