Newbie: Problems updating data from VB.NET
Posted by: Guillermo Najar
Date: July 06, 2007 09:47PM

Hi,

I'm beginner on VS2005 and MySQL; I have previous experience in PostgreSQL and Delphi 6.
I began developing some stuff using ASP.NET, VB.NET and SQL Server 2005 Express. I see that components like SQLDataSource (ASP.NET), DataSets, TableAdapters work perfectly under MS SQL; yet trying to use MySQL with MySQLConnector 5.1.1 there are some work arounds that I had to do to make it work with ASP.NET. Now I had to develop a quick and short app using VB.NET, and I'm facing more problems. One of my sure errors was to download MySQLConnector and not reading properly the documentation; when I saw I could connect to the MySQL database, I just started to work thinking I would get the same functionality as with SQL Server for components like DataSet, TableAdapter, BindingSource. I saw that SQL Commands for delete and update where not generated and I typed them in with "?" parameters. Yet I have not been able to update any single record. Trying to insert or update, the database is not updated, and I get no error messages. Trying to delete records I get an error: "concurrency error: delete command affected 0 of 1 expected records". Is there anything I missed to have it working? Its just a small app with 2 tables and basic insert/delete/update commands. In SQL Server 2005 works fine. I choose MySQL for being a popular open source DB, to offer my clients not to pay expensive MS licenses.

I have read some posts here regarding fixed problems on related issues like TableAdapter commands in DataSet generation (http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?38,149000,160639#msg-160639), indicating that in 5.1 GA would be fixed. What GA stands for? If I have 5.1.1, are these problems would be supposed to be fixed?

Thank you,
Guillermo

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Newbie: Problems updating data from VB.NET
July 06, 2007 09:47PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.