A null was returned after calling the 'GetService' method on a store provider instance of type 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlClientFactory'
Posted by: Angel Brown
Date: March 20, 2022 07:59PM

I recently upgraded my database to mySQL 8.0.28, mySQL .NET Connector 8.0.28 & Entity Framework 6.4.4. Now when making a DB call from code I am receiving the error "System.Data.ProviderIncompatibleException: A null was returned after calling the 'GetService' method on a store provider instance of type 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlClientFactory'. The store provider might not be functioning correctly."

web.config has

<system.data>
<DbProviderFactories>
<remove invariant="MySql.Data.MySqlClient" />
<add name="MySQL Data Provider" invariant="MySql.Data.MySqlClient" description=".Net Framework Data Provider for MySQL" type="MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlClientFactory, MySql.Data, Version=8.0.28.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d" />
</DbProviderFactories>
</system.data>

<entityFramework>
<defaultConnectionFactory type="System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.LocalDbConnectionFactory, EntityFramework">
<parameters>
<parameter value="mssqllocaldb"/>
</parameters>
</defaultConnectionFactory>
<providers>
<provider invariantName="System.Data.SqlClient" type="System.Data.Entity.SqlServer.SqlProviderServices, EntityFramework.SqlServer"/>
<provider invariantName="MySql.Data.MySqlClient" type="MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlProviderServices, MySql.Data.EntityFramework, Version=8.0.28.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d"/>
</providers>
</entityFramework>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
A null was returned after calling the 'GetService' method on a store provider instance of type 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlClientFactory'
March 20, 2022 07:59PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.