Unknown Error reading information_schema
Posted by: Stephen Eyton-Jones
Date: August 03, 2022 09:10AM

I recently installed the community version of MySQL 8.0.30 on Windows 2019 and when my .net application runs this simple query into the information_schema I get a fatal error.
I have 4 other exact setups of MySQL (except with 8.0.25) with this application and they do not exhibit this issue with the exact same code so I cannot figure out what I'm missing.
I have given the user access to the schema and even the information_Schema and can run the same SQL through Workbench, just not through the application. There are lots of other tables in the schema and the same application has no issue reading those, only the information_schema seems to be an issue.

2022-08-03 10:56:22.671 -04:00 [] [ERR] SqlError: MySql.Data
Fatal error encountered attempting to read the resultset.
SELECT ROUTINE_NAME AS PROCEDURE_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.ROUTINES WHERE ROUTINE_SCHEMA LIKE 'tcdoc'

2022-08-03 10:56:16.093 -04:00 [] [ERR] SqlError: MySql.Data
Fatal error encountered attempting to read the resultset.
SELECT
column_name,
data_type column_type,
character_maximum_length as column_length,
numeric_precision as column_precision,
numeric_scale as column_scale,
CASE WHEN is_nullable = 'YES' THEN 'T' ELSE 'F' END as column_nullable,
CASE WHEN data_type LIKE '%char%' AND column_default IS NOT NULL THEN CONCAT("'", column_default,"'") ELSE column_default END as column_default
FROM information_schema.columns
WHERE table_name = 'TSHEADER' AND ((TABLE_SCHEMA='tcdoc'))
ORDER BY ORDINAL_POSITION

Any clues would be most welcome.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Unknown Error reading information_schema
August 03, 2022 09:10AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.