Uninstalling Connector.NET 5.2.x
Posted by: Dave Hanna
Date: May 29, 2008 12:17PM

I've found other posts on similar topics, but they all had to do with earlier versions, and seemed to have been fixed.

I've installed the Connector.NET 5.2.1 on an XP Pro machine that was running Visual Studio 2005. I ran into some problems and needed to uninstall it, and the uninstall ran for awhile and gave me a small error message box that just said "Fatal error during installation". I tried several things and ended up going in and doing massive surgery on the registry, and have no idea whether I really did it right or not.

I've now installed on a laptop running Win 2000 Pro, again with VS 2005, but by now the Connector version was up to 5.2.2. However, I'm getting weird errors with it that I didn't get on 5.2.1, so I wanted to switch back to that version.

However, when I try to uninstall 5.2.2, I get the same Fatal error during installation". (BTW, I tried uninstalling it right after I installed it, and didn't get that error. So something has changed in the meantime.)

2 different machines, 2 different OS's, 2 different versions, but I'm still getting the same error.

Any help available? I really don't want to go hand edit the registry again.

Thanks.

Dave Hanna

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Uninstalling Connector.NET 5.2.x
May 29, 2008 12:17PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.