Re: MySQL Website Configuration Tool doesn't appear
Posted by: dustfinger dustfinger
Date: January 12, 2010 11:31PM

I would also like to know if the MySql Configuration tool will work with a VisualStudios 2008 web application project. I was able to get the tool icon to appear when creating a website without any difficulty, but not when creating an Asp.Net Web Application project type.

Some questions:
1. Does anyone know if the MySql Configuration tool is compatible with Asp.Net Web Application Projects in Visual Studios 2008 using .Net 3.5?

2. Is the tool actually necessary? Doesn't it just add some xml to the web.config? If I created a website first, then used the tool to generate the desired xml, could I then copy that xml over to the web.config in the Asp.Net Web Application Project?

I am going to try and answer question 2 over the coming weekend and report back, right now I do not have access to my development machine, and so I don't have visual studios accessible.

Sincerely,

dustfinger

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.