Re: MySql.Data.MySqlClient Namespace in ASP.Net
Posted by: Hans Raaijmakers
Date: January 04, 2005 11:59AM

Thanks for you're fast response but when I replace my lines with the one you gave me, the following error pops up:
================================================================
Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'MySqlConnection' is not defined.

Source Error:

Line 5: Sub Button1_Click(s As Object, e As EventArgs)
Line 6:
Line 7: Dim conAangifte as MySqlConnection
Line 8: conAangifte.ConnectionString = "Server=localhost;Database=aangifte;User ID=sa;Password=test;" ' dit statement op één regel
Line 9:

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aangifte\aangifte2.aspx Line: 7
================================================================

I really guess it has something to do with can't finding the mysql.data.mysqlclient files, although I am pretty sure that they are properly installed. On the second reply in this subject, somebody mentioned something about placing the mysql.data.dll file in the 'bin' folder. What bin folder does he mean by that? I really need this to work for my graduate project. I hope you can help me out!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
October 06, 2004 02:12AM
Re: MySql.Data.MySqlClient Namespace in ASP.Net
January 04, 2005 11:59AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.