Re: .NET connector bug with Visual Sutdio 2010??
Posted by: Vaughn Bigham
Date: March 21, 2011 12:33PM

I had this exact same problem (it sounds like from your description anyways). The only difference in my case is that I am using mysql server 5.1 still since the company I work for is still in much production with that version. Also, I am not sure what OS you have but I am currently on Vista Home Premium 32 bit. Here are the steps that I took that created and solved the problem (for me).

When I first installed the .net connector (6.3.6.0) I used the "complete" install option in the windows installer. This resulted in the same problem where I was not able to create connections or connect using code in vs2010(sp1).

I uninstalled the .net connector, then reinstalled the exact same file. Instead of the "complete" option I chose "typical" this time. The installer finished and now vs2010 is able to create connections.

I just wanted to post in case this will help anyone else having the same problem.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: .NET connector bug with Visual Sutdio 2010??
March 21, 2011 12:33PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.