Re: Weird Speed Problems... Please Help!
Posted by: daniel v
Date: October 23, 2004 09:12PM

Hi Reggie,

There are 2 tables with about 20 rows each. Each call to the datalayer function reads all rows from one table, then calls it again and reads all rows from the other table. This repeats 150 times (for 300 DB calls all together).

I initially thought that the slow performance may have been caused by the use of DataSets, but I have since found some threads regarding the .NET Connector for MySQL having a really high connection latency, so this is probably where the problem lies. It would explain why the ODBC implementation is faster than the .NET implementation.

In any case, I'm really stuck now as to how I write the rest of the app... I can't use the .NET Connector if this is as good as it gets. What I'll probably end up doing converting the data in the data layer to a standard format so it doesnt matter which data access method I use. Not too happy about adding the additional overhead to each call, but the app has to get done :)

If you have any other advice, I'd love to hear it.

Cheers.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Weird Speed Problems... Please Help!
October 23, 2004 09:12PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.