Remote Developement Dir issues
Posted by: Nathan Chandler
Date: November 03, 2004 08:18PM

Here's my situation...again....

I am using a hosting service. I am trying to use Asp.net(vb) with MySql. The connector/net is installed on my local laptop and using Visual Studio.net I have added MySql.Data.dll as a reference. Everything works fine and I can connect to my remote MySql database on my hosting service's server. However...when I ftp all my files over to the server and try to pull up the page in the browser i get the error...

[MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts]
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open() +150
nathan_vd1.WebForm1.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\nathan_vd1\WebForm1.aspx.vb:31
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +731

Locally on my laptop in the /wwwroot directory I have a "nathan_vd1" folder that is a virtual directory. On my host's server I have requested they create a directory in the root called "nathan_vd" also. I have copy and pasted exactly all the files from my wwwroot/nathan_vd1 directory to my host's server nathan_vd1 directory. Is this where there are issues??? Do I have to change my directory references in VS.NET somewhere because from the error message it looks like on the host's server is trying to access "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\nathan_vd1\WebForm1.aspx" which is the directory on my laptop. Please help someone!!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Remote Developement Dir issues
November 03, 2004 08:18PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.