Received an unexpected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport stream when using SSL
Posted by: Peter Kim
Date: March 19, 2012 08:34PM

I'm using the Connector/NET library, v6.2.3 with C# and making a direct connection to the database using a file-based SSL certificate, following the instructions here:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/connector-net-tutorials-ssl.html

I had it working two weeks ago, then the following week, I started getting this error when connecting to the database: "Received an unexpected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport stream". I'm getting this error on both a Windows Server 2003 server and a Windows 7 laptop, and whether or not the client and server are on the same machine or different machines. This error only occurs if I am using encryption.

Since I did not change anything between the time it worked and the time it stopped working, I suspect it was caused by a Microsoft update. I've read that this error can be caused by the client and server not being able to agree on the encryption algorithm (ie. TLS1.0 vs. SSL3), and other people have solved the issue by forcing the client to use a particular method in their config files. Is this possible with the Connector/NET library? I don't see a connection string option for this.

I also read that someone solved it by removing CertificateFile and CertificatePass from the connection string, while keeping SSLMode=Required, but that doesn't make sense.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Received an unexpected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport stream when using SSL
March 19, 2012 08:34PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.