Re: Connector/NET 6.8.3 is available as official MySQL Nuget packages
Posted by: Raf Abul
Date: March 21, 2014 12:04PM

I'm following the instructions listed here - http://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector-net/en/connector-net-entityframework60.html

I edited the Web.config file for my MVC web project to include the connection string and Entity 6 entries listed there, I installed all 3 assemblies for MySQL using NuGet, I have MySQL 5.6 running with two databases one for ASPIdentity and one for a CMS I created already set up.

I'm using VS 2013 Express, I have Workbench and everything needed to work with my databases in a database first scenario. I want to use Entity Framework 6 features, scaffolding, and data migrations in VS but do all my database work with Workbench not VS, I want to do database first and not code first since I have a tool to work with database already.

How can I do this with VS Express 2013 I know I can't use the VS 1.1 Plugin you created so how do I do this manually, what files do I edit? Can I create the models using VS Express by having the MySQL assemblies installed? Or do I have to create manual files ?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Connector/NET 6.8.3 is available as official MySQL Nuget packages
March 21, 2014 12:04PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.