Problem with running MySQL Connector simple applicaton on MONO
Posted by: Michal Sporek
Date: August 18, 2014 08:52AM

Hello,

I have Ubuntu Linux with MONO installed (MONO JIT compiler version 3.2.8 Debian 3.2.8+dfsg-4ubuntu1), and I have installed the MySQL connector 6.8.3.0. I have followed all installation instructions, and after some problems I finally added the MySql.Data.dll to GAC and I have managed to compile my simple C# code with gmcs. The code uses MySqlConnection class to connect to the database.

The problem is that when I run my compiled application I get the following error:

Unhandled Exception:
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection' from assembly 'MySql.Data, Version=6.8.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d'.
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection' from assembly 'MySql.Data, Version=6.8.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d'.

The assembly MySql.Data.dll is present in GAC, when I remove it from GAC I get a different error running my application:

Unhandled Exception:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'MySql.Data, Version=6.8.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'MySql.Data, Version=6.8.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d'
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'MySql.Data, Version=6.8.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'MySql.Data, Version=6.8.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d'

Can anybody suggest me the way to go to solve the issue? I've been working hard on it since a while...

Any help higlhy appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.