Can't update model from database
Posted by: Justin Baugh
Date: August 27, 2014 08:14AM

Hello,

My environment consists of the following:

Connector .NET 6.8.3
Packages installed from Nuget for EF 6.0.2 & the latest MySql.ConnectorNET.Entity packages
Server 5.6.20
(basically everything installed from MySQL Installer)

I have an existing project I am attempting to modify via the EDMX diagram viewer (right click -> Update Model from Database). I am able to proceed normally, identifying a new data connection, etc, however when I click next, I receive the following message:

Your project references the latest version of Entity Framework; however, an Entity Framework database provider compatible with this version could not be found for your data connection. If you have already installed a compatible provider, ensure you have rebuilt your project before performing this action. Otherwise, exit this wizard, install a compatible provider, and rebuild your project before performing this action.

The project builds, runs and loads fine; I simply cannot get past this screen to actually update the EDMX.

I have tried many iterations to fix this including changing references, verifying what's in the GAC, etc...nothing fixes it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

-Justin

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Can't update model from database
August 27, 2014 08:14AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.