[A]MySQL.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection cannot be cast to [B]MySQL.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.
Posted by: Fabricio Rodriguez
Date: August 11, 2016 02:20AM

I hope I am posting this in the right place - please forgive me if I am not...

I have a WinForms / .Net 4.0 application in Visual Studio 2015 Update 3.
When I try to add, or edit, a TableAdapter in any of my DataSets, I get this error:

==============================================================================
The wizard detected the following problems when configuring the TableAdapter:

Details:

Generated SELECT statement.
[A]MySQL.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection cannot be cast to MySQL.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection. Type A originates from 'MySQL.Data Version 6.9.8.0, Culture=neutral,PublicToken=c5687fc88969c44d' in context 'Default' at location 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\MySQL.Data.dll'. Type B originates from 'MySQL.Data, Version 6.9.9.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d' in context 'Default' at location 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\MySQL.Data\v4.0_6.9.9.0_c5687fc88969c44d\MySQL.Data.dll'.
==============================================================================

Obviously it is complaining about two different versions of the MySQL.Data.dll 6.9.8 and 6.9.9. What I don't understand though is why or where is it referencing version 6.9.8.0? If I look at my project's references, it is using MySQL.Data.dll version 6.9.9.0. This is a NuGet package at location:

C:\Users\Fabs-LenovoY70\Source\Workspaces\Tracker\Tracker\packages\MySql.Data.6.9.9\lib\net45\MySql.Data.dll

I've search my entire solution for any references to 6.9.8 and I've found nothing. Any ideas? Thank you...

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
[A]MySQL.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection cannot be cast to [B]MySQL.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.
August 11, 2016 02:20AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.