Multiple datareaders per connection and pagesize
Posted by: claudia murialdo
Date: April 11, 2017 11:50AM

Y would like to use multiple datareaders per connection in order to stop using MySQLDriverCS (which supports it) and start using mysql connector.
I saw this suggestion:
https://forums.mysql.com/read.php?38,211848,211856#msg-211856

It says:
"...is to use paging with server side prepared statements. This is something that I had working 2 years ago but server side PS was so buggy that it was never released. The idea is that you set the page size to 1 record and then use .Prepare on your commands. When this happens and you call Read() on the reader it actually sends a fetch command to the server to get the next row. This allows multiple commands to exist at the same time and interleave. While this is possible I am not sure how performant it would be."

It was posted in 2008, currently, is it ready to use?. Can I use Page Size=1 for a command that is going to execute with another one nested?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Multiple datareaders per connection and pagesize
April 11, 2017 11:50AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.