.NET Core 2 OSX
Posted by: John Ernest
Date: October 20, 2017 03:09PM

I'm wanting to develop an ASP.NET Core Web API on VS for OSX (MacBook Pro) and want to connect to MySQL. I downloaded the MySQL.Data NuGet package but when I run the site it gives me errors/warnings that it's built for .NET framework and not built for .NET Core 2 and some other errors about System.Security.Permissions missing and the like.

VS on OSX only runs .NET Core 2 sites from the version I have it looks like, there are no options for .NET Core 1.1 or .NET Framework like VS Community. What I'm wanting to do is connect to my MySQL DB and run queries, I'll need Views/Stored Procs support, what I'm wanting to do will be mixed between ORM tables and running Views/SPs, and I'm not sure if that's available in EF Core.

What do I need to do to get up and running?

I'm already looking at Django/Python as it does what I need, but .NET Core is much sleeker for Web API I think. Would be great to run on VS/OSX as VirtualBox/Win 10/VS 2017 Community is very slow on my machine and not a good solution here.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
.NET Core 2 OSX
October 20, 2017 03:09PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.