Problems with SSL Config at MySQL and PowerBI
Posted by: Pablo Moricz
Date: April 20, 2018 03:21AM

Hi!

I'm trying to visualize my mysql database data on powerBI. I can't do it since for PowerBI to work, SSLMode has to be set to Required. Since by default is set to preferd I'm trying to change it's mode. I've follower the mysql documentation to do that that's hosted on the site. I've created all certificates and keys necessary using OpenSSL and now I intend to use them to config ssl on the server side.
The problem is it talks about modifying a certain 'my.cnf' file which I have absolutely no idea where it is(and by that I mean I don't know it's path on my PC so I can't locate it, and also don't know what to open it with).So I'm stuck at that point of the tutorial. Could anyone point me in the right direction?
Also I wouldn't know where to put the instructions the tutorial specifies I put in the my.cnf file next, which are these:
[mysqld]
ssl-ca=ca.pem
ssl-cert=server-cert.pem
ssl-key=server-key.pem

Do I have to write them in full somwhere? or modify a specific line of the file? It's all very confusing to me since I'm very new to all of this.
I'd really apreciate anyone's help on this matter! Thanks!

The documentation I'm following is this: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/using-encrypted-connections.html

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Problems with SSL Config at MySQL and PowerBI
April 20, 2018 03:21AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.