Re: SSIS Intermittent Failures
Posted by: Christopher Bailiss
Date: February 13, 2019 02:19PM

Hello Patrick

I am encountering the same problem as your second issue (the hang condition) in your "primary challenge". We are using the MySQL ADO.NET drivers in SSIS - previously against on-prem box - and that was rock solid. That instance is now an AWS RDS MySQL instance, and connections from SSIS in Data Flow source shapes are randomly hanging. Data can be flowing very fast then suddenly hang. The hang point is after a different number of records each time, then the session is killed after 8 hours. I have noticed that turning down the SSIS batch size in the Data Flow from an (already not very large) 10000 to 1000 rows has reduced the issue, although not eliminated it.

The same driver (MySQL ADO.NET) in a C# console application does not have the same issue. It can reliably retrieve all records every time. There is something about the combination of the driver, SSIS and instances in AWS that seems to be causing the issue.

I was wondering, did you manage to solve the problem? Did moving to a later driver version resolve the issue?

Thanks

Chris

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
October 03, 2018 01:53PM
Re: SSIS Intermittent Failures
February 13, 2019 02:19PM
February 13, 2019 02:54PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.