Re: Attempt to create ADO.NET Entity Data Model in Visual Studio 2017 fails on latest versions of Connector/NET
Posted by: Won Tarmack
Date: November 20, 2019 08:18AM

And just to explain a bit of my last message, I want to make it clear that I wasn't complaining about the requirement to use the captcha before posting a new topic. That's fine. That's a good SPAM strategy.

I just don't understand how not allowing people to edit their messages prevents SPAM? It just trades one type of SPAM for another. More forum messages for typos.

But it doesn't matter because user reputation points could take care of that issue. Don't let new users edit messages until they have established a good reputation by posting X number of messages and are regarded as legit by the admins or the community, if you insist that edits promote SPAM.

What kind of SPAM are you trying to prevent? If it's multiple unnecessary posts the forums don't appear to stop me from doing that. Not that I'm trying to do that.

Most people are here to learn (I hope). Everybody shouldn't have to suffer because of a few bad apples. And the sad part is, they don't really have to.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.