Re: 8.0.18 A null was returned after calling the 'GetService' method on a store provider instance of type 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlClientFactory'.
Posted by: David Hebert
Date: December 19, 2019 09:09AM

Hi,

I am also having the same error message and yet have found a solution.

I have this situation on our server when I try to deploy it and on a recently installed workstation, but the ASP.NET site, with all the same parameters (NuGet packages, target .NET version), does work on my second workstation using VS2017. This system is working for a while starting with Windows 7, now with Windows 10 pro.

I haven't found which difference between the two systems that explains this at this time. I scanned the installed assemblies for .NET 4 CLR on both systems, but for now none seems to explain.

This project was lingering for a while, it was developed in ASP.NET 3.5, with EF 3.5 before migrating it to VS2017 (and VS2019 on the newer workstation).

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.