Windows Server 2016 Connection Issues
Posted by: Aidan Mauricio
Date: July 27, 2020 01:12AM

I have installed and configured MySQL server 8.0.20. When I try to connect to this server with my application I get a connection time out error. If I up the time out I get a "Can't connect to this server". I am 100% sure the connection string is correct. I have also upgraded to the newest version 8.0.21, but with no luck.

One thing I have noticed is that when I try to configure the MySQL server through the MySQL Installer, it hangs for a few seconds and fails to connect on the check connection step. The weird thing is that this only happens the first time, if I immediately do it again the check is successful. If I use the MySQL shell or Workbench it connects successfully on the first attempt. I have tried turning off the firewall, but this didn't help. It seems to me that something is blocking the connection, but I have no idea what.

When I run this on my local machine (Windows 10) everything works perfectly, but when I run it on my Windows Server 2016 this issue occurs.

Do you have any idea what the problem is or how to fix this?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Windows Server 2016 Connection Issues
July 27, 2020 01:12AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.